Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The funniest joke never told

Twelve years ago my wife and I moved to Belgium for the first time. We expected to be there for a while, and so I planned to write a newsletter for friends and family back home every year or so. We ended up coming back to the States after several months, and then email became more ubiquitous, so I never went beyond writing the first one and printing up some of them. I called it News from the Belgian Front. It was just one page, but on the back I put a little text box with the following statement:

This is the back of News from the Belgian Front.
If you want to go back to the front of the Front
turn the back of the Front back over 
so the front of the Front is back in front of you.

I was so proud of that, and no one got to see it until now. Aren't you lucky!

No comments: