Tuesday, June 4, 2019

It's been a while

It's June and this is my first post since January. It's weird because I have a backlog of posts that are 95% done, and I'd like to get them up and running. For now I'll just tell you a story: last Wednesday night I started having some severe abdominal pain. By 3 or 4 in the morning I'd finally had enough and went to the ER where they promptly did an ultrasound and an MR scan and then took out my gall bladder. It was my first time having surgery and I lost a freaking organ. Anyway, I'm doing OK, trying to take it easy, so I'll start finishing those posts for y'all.

Here's a joke I made up in the ER: Why was the liver so nice to the testicle? Because he wanted to make the ball gladder.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a terrible joke (you know I'm going to steal it)...

Sean Killackey said...

You're Jim Slagle, right? Finally made that connection. If so, I greatly enjoyed your interesting book "Epistemological Skyhook" and plan to study it again. If not, I also enjoy your blog, which I have yet to finish reading. Also, I told your joke to some friends. I enjoyed it.

Jim S. said...

That's me. Sorry to take so long to post your comment.