Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Wasted Genius

When I was a kid I tried to write my own Choose Your Own Adventure story. It was (supposed to be) a spy thriller. My theme was that some people wanted to put huge solar panels in orbit which would then beam the energy back to Earth, thus providing humankind with all the energy they need; the point being that the plans had to be kept out of the wrong hands. I had to give it up because I had written about 35 pages and had about 12 distinct storylines going with no end in sight.

Well, the idea finally occurred to some science-type people, and they're actually thinking of trying it. And to think that if they had just had the foresight to ask an 11-year-old kid who didn't know the first thing about electricity, all of our energy problems would already be solved.

No comments: